‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Trade for Jared Goff

I have Carson Wentz and Deshaun Watson. I want Jared Goff. I am deep at WR with Brandin Cooks, cooper Kupp, Julian Edelman, Tyler Boyd and Michael Thomas. The other team has goff, AJ green and Stefon Diggs. Should I trade Michael Thomas and carson wentz for Jared goff and AJ green, or for Jared goff and Stefon digs?

i’d see if he would trade QB’s straight up. and then use edelman or boyd as bait, not MT/Kupp/Cooks

He won’t. What about giving him Ezekiel Elliot and carson wentz for saquon Barkley and Jared goff? And if he doesn’t accept I can give him Zek and carson wentz for Kareem and goff

Why would you want 3 QBs. All 3 are starting QBs none the less. Hell if I were you, I’d be trying to trade away Wentz or Watson. Not trying to acquire another QB. Basically wasting 2 roster slots.

Also, both those trades you proposed are heavily in your opponents favor. MT is a top 3 WR. AJ green although a baller, is probably top 8 or top 10. Same with Diggs.

Also here’s a general rule I like to follow: Avoid trading for players who just had the best game of their career.

If you read it I’d be trading away a QB. Therefore, I’d have 2, not 3. Plus, Carson Wentz is clearly affected by his injury, and he isn’t playing too well. Jared Goff is clearly on the come up. The Rams have the best offense in the league.

He went into Tennessee who has a tough defense and put up 350 yards and 2 TDs. That’s not playing well? I’ll take that every day of the week.

He is already on the up. He’s one of the best QBs in the league on one of the best offenses. I also don’t expect him to put up 400 yards and 5 TDs a week. I’m certainly not paying up for him right now after he just had the best game of his career. That team is really, really good. He doesn’t have to throw the ball 40-50 times to win games. Even last game, he only threw it 33 times, got 465 yards and 5 TDs. That is not sustainable going forward, not because he’s not capable, but because they won’t be facing a team where the opposing QB also puts up 400+ yards and 4 TDs every week.

You already have 2 QBs who will both finish in the top 10 by years end. Why give up the WR1 in MT to get a slight upgrade at QB. Watson isn’t the greatest real life QB but in fantasy, his rushing upside makes him more than sufficient.

Like I said, if you want to buy high on Goff, go for it. As a rule of thumb, I typically don’t trade for players who just had the best game of their career.

Gotta agree. You have 2 studs already at QB, and both are nearly matchup proof. If you must have Goff then trade for him, but you don’t need him, and he will have not throw for 4-5 TD’s every week. Just choose 1 Qb and roll with with and grab a streamer when needed. Mike makes great points…