‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Trade help - (My) Melvin Gordon for AJ Green

12 team/full point PPR
RBs: Saquan, Melvin, Ingram (SSPD), Montgomery, Dixon
WRs: Diggs, Alshon, Cupp, Doctson, Dez.

As of right now, I feel thin at WR and was offered Melvin for AJ straight up. If I agree, it will be contingent on them both making it through pre-season.

Should I make this deal, or is Melvin too much to give up for AJ alone? His other RBs are Tevin Coleman, Derek Henry, and Corey Clement.

All help appreciated.

We would keep Gordon all day!!! Elite RBs are Rare

Yeah it’s an easy no. Firstly, Gordon is a more valuable fantasy asset, so you’re losing the trade if you went straight up.

Probably more importantly, as thin as you may feel at wr, if you made the trade you would be criminally thin at rb, with likely no starting rb2 going into week 1. Wr is a lot easier to manufacture off the waiver wire. Don’t do it.

RBs that catches are a super plus in your league keep Gordon he will be a monster this year

No way even in full PPR. Not only is Gordon more valuable anyway, until Ingram gets back which is essentially half the season (if he does come back to his old role that is) you will be badly depleted at RB, Dixon is a non factor with a hamstring and Monty after week 2 could best case be in a 3 way timeshare, worst case third on the depth chart and rarely used. Keep Gordon, lock up your RBs. You are okay at WR with Diggs and Kupp in PPR to start the year and Alshon when he’s back if he misses some tim.

Hard No. Gordon is way too much to give up for A.J. Green. Only WR’s I’d think about for him would be Brown/Hopkins. Then you would have to make a deal for an RB2 that can start unil Ingram is back.

What does the rest of your team look like?

Oh sorry. I see it now. My phone didn’t load up the messages fast enough. Haha

Re-draft league btw

Still a hard no, any format Gordon over Green more so redraft as this year I think could be a peak in touches with Henry going down he’ll get more passing looks

Someone offered me Gordon Chubb and stills for d Thomas, dion Lewis, and Jordy Nelson. Even though I lost some bench players getting Melvin was worth it. He’s a player you don’t give up. Now I have him paired with D.J. and still have mike ev, and aj green with Rodgers slinging the rock. Don’t give Melvin away otherwise people like me will reap the benefits