Trade my Akers in Dynasty SF for Tua and Godwin?

I was offered Tua, Godwin, a 2022 4th and a 2023 2nd for my Cam Akers. It was a really good offer, but it would have left me thin at rb. What do you all think?

I am in a 10 Team Dynasty League. It is Superflex, Tight End Premium (1.5 points per reception for tight ends),6 points for passing td’s, full ppr, full point for receiving and rushing 1st downs(including qb’s), 0.1 point per pass completion, 2 points for 40 yard touchdown plays, other points awarded too for things like 300 yard passing games for example.

We start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, one te, 3 flex, one superflex. We have 18 bench spots, 2 IR spots, 5 taxi. Rookies can stay on taxi for up to 2 years.

My qbs are: Dak, Tannehill, Big Ben, Dalton, Mason Rudolph, Taylor Heinicke.

RBS: Akers, Mixon, CEH, Dillon, Cohen, DeeJay Dallas, Eno Benjamin, Darrel Williams ,Larry Rountree, Stevie Scott.

WRS: DJ Moore, Diontae Johnson, Brandin Cooks, Michael Pittman, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Tyler Johnson, Dyami Brown, Devin Duvernay, Byron Pringle, Dazz Newsome, Simi Fehoko,

TES: Hockenson, Kmet, Trautman, Donald Parham, Albert Okwuegbunam.

I still have all of my rookie picks for 2022, 2023, 2024. One for each round. 5 rounds.

In 10 team an abundance of rb in my opinion is essential. It’s vitally important in 12 and 14 too but for 10 everybody will be quite deep so you can’t be short. In my opinion this trade would leave you 1 injury away at rb from being a huge disadvantage to most of your opponents.

The package itself also doesn’t have me running to accept to be honest. It’s not bad but it’s not what I’d expect for what could be a Premier rb of next 2-4 years.

Edit - superflex, it’s actually a very good offer you should consider strongly in my opinion. Your qb are aging and this solves a lot of worries here. You need to get an rb of sorts back from somewhere though in my opinion. But it’s probably easier in superflex dynasty to work from a zero rb starting point and fill out than be loaded there and fill out the rest

I reconsidered my position several times on that in space of couple minutes. Really difficult decision

@Mr_Wind-up_Bird surprisingly, not every team is loaded at rb though.

The last offer I now got from him was me giving up Cam and a 2022 1st for Tua, Godwin, Trey Sermon, and a 2022 3rd.

1 Like

I’m really keen on this deal. I think this is terrific for your team

You get a younger qb to tie to dak and Tannehill eliminating the worry Ben finishes soon.

Sermon is in a rb friendly system where mostert and Wilson are in final years of deals I believe. He’d also likely have been back end of first or very early second round in your last rookie draft.

Hopefully you get more opinions but I think this is likely as good as you’ll see.

1 Like

@Mr_Wind-up_Bird Lance is a rushing qb, too though.

I agree with @Mr_Wind-up_Bird.

Tua will be a quality QB2. MIA made a concerted effort to give Tua weapons around him.

Sermon could possibly be taking this backfield over before this year is done. Wilson is out for a few months into the season and Mostert is already dealing with a nagging injury sustained in camp. Sermon is set up nicely for some fantasy value.