Trade offer: Robert Woods for Wayne Gallman and Sterling Shepard

This is a 10 team league, full point per reception. Can start RB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE

I picked up Wayne Gallman last week, and after his big game, sent the Saquon owner a lowball offer of Marquez Valdez Scantling and Gallman for Robert Woods. He countered with Woods for Gallman and Sterling Shepard.

Shepard has actually been pretty great in full PPR. Woods has had a couple of pretty bad games (looking like a the #2 or #3 behind Cooper Kupp). But obviously, Woods was ranked much higher coming in to the season. Is this a good trade for me or should I counter back with something different?

This is my roster:
WRs: Chris Godwin, Tyler Lockett, Stefon Diggs, Sterling Shepard, Curtis Samuel, MVS
RBs: Nick Chubb, Ezekiel Elliot, Miles Sanders, Duke Johnson, Wayne Gallman, Darrel Williams
TEs: Travis Kelce, TJ Hockenson
QB: Deshaun Watson

I would counter with Diggs. Shepard has been good since Jones has been starting so dont think it would make sense to get rid of him for Woods who hasnt been great thus far.

Hmm . . . I wonder if Golden Tate will eat into Shepard’s Target share, though. The Giants also play against the Vikings and Patriots Defenses the next couple of weeks, which could be brutal for Gallman and Shepard’s trade value. Maybe I should aim higher than Robert Woods, but he’s the Saquon owner’s best receiver. (He had Antonio Brown)

I still think Shepard stays the number one. Tate may take a little but I would imagine he would take more of Engram’s share than Shepard. Especially because Jones is going to have much more faith in Shepard since he has been there from his first start. I personally have Diggs on my team and am looking to move him after this week becuase I wont be surprised if this is one of his best games. Vikings passing offense is scarily non-existent.

1 Like

I turned down the offer. I think having the extra starting RB, even if he returns to being worthless once Saquon returns, will be helpful during the bye weeks. And I agree with you that Woods is not that much of an upgrade over Shepard for the rest of the season.

I’m not sure I want to give up on Diggs just yet, either. I don’t think the Vikings can continue to play this way, especially if Dalvin Cooks gets dinged up a little, which I think is inevitable.