Trade question-Is this guy a bad player or is it just a bad trade

Ok so im tied for 1st in one of my leagues and I texted my friend trying to get Ertz from him. The offer was John Brown plus Hockenson for Ertz. He’s 3-4 and his team is struggling with injuries and bad matchups not even including Ertz’s terrible ones. John Brown has a great 4 game schedule and would help him get some wins. He shot me down and said "I’m not going to trade a top 5 TE for 2 waiver pickups.

In my opinion he’s naive and now I realize he’s a bad fantasy player because he’s going to lose 4 in a row with his terrible team and be out of the hunt before Ertz has decent matchups.

1 Like

personally i think thats a crazy low ball offer ertz hasnt been great but theres so few te worth anything that the value stays up hock hasnt done anything since week 1 and brown is an alright wr but id turn you down in a second too.

1 Like

I would have made that trade in a second. Your buddy is putting too much value in the history and name of Ertz.

He’s been pretty stable. But with D Jax coming back, Carson Wentz’ regression, and a less than favorable schedule for the struggling Eagles, I’d say your buddy is being stubborn for one of ‘his guys’.

Hock strap is young and made some mistakes. But we saw his potential is through the roof. If they find a position matchup they like, ask Marvin Jones; he could get a 4 TD game.
John Brown has been solid all year and has a great schedule 6 out of the next 9 weeks.

I’d be grateful he didn’t accept. Let him tank. You keep rolling

1 Like

As a Det fan hock isnt gonna be a guy this year. reminds me of how golladay started. looks like great potential but needs atleast a year or two to become really a trust target. dropping touchdowns doesnt do him any favors either. I do like John brown but i think d jax coming back just helps ertz. he’ll stretch the field and hopefully leave ertz for alot of those under move the chains throws.
I do see where your coming from though, only time will tell

1 Like

And I’ll defer to your expertise on the Lions. I only get a small sample size of DET games to actually watch game flow. I’ll take your word for it. But Golliday looks like the real deal. Jones is a career #2. They found a matchup they liked for Jones and exploited it. I think he’s only out scored Golliday twice. I have Jones. Watching Golliday gobble all season has been frustrating. Any chance they’re able speed up Hock’s learning curve after seeing what it took for Golliday?

And I also see your point about D Jax return. But watching PHL start to finish: Wentz is devolving. He’s starting to look like Phillip Rivers. Trying to do too much and throwing the game.

What are his other WRs?

1 Like

Man I wish I believed Hock was gonna ball the rest of the season we were so high on him after taking him with our first pick and week 1. Hes going to be really really good i just dont think its gonna flourish this year. Golladay is a straight stud, jones is match up dependent (ie last week)

Phl looks way worse than expected I’m kinda assuming their not actually that bad. That division isnt all that strong again.

1 Like

Yeah. NFC East is pretty bad. Dallas’s offense is finally clicking. Now if only Gallup could remember where he left his hands…hmmm

Sorry Flashpoint to kinda hijack your topic but yeah dallas is phillys only concern i think they walk over the skins and giants and hopefuly ertz starts looking like a number 1 te again.

1 Like