‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Trading Away Gronk: Potential WR Targets

I’m in a 12 team, full point ppr, redraft league. My commissioner, under pressure from lazy league members got rid of the TE spot this year. Didn’t add an extra flex position or anything. So with a 15 man roster you must start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 Kicker, 1 Defense. Not a fan of the new format, but that’s a somewhat separate issue.

I had the first overall pick but even before injuries I had some bad luck (yahoo drafted Allan Robinson when I selected Fitzgerald in the 4th). So besides Robinson I lost David Johnson, Corey Coleman, Chris Carson, and a few other less useful players I took a flyer on (Kevin White Terrance West). Of my top 5 picks only Brady and Gronk remain.

I’ve stabilized my RB spot for now with AP but my WRs are hot garbage currently. There’s some light at the end of the tunnel if stashing Shepard and Matthews helps, but if I can unload Gronk and some other pieces for a WR 1/2 I’m better off longterm streaming all of the largely available TEs at flex.

I’m getting shot down with fair offers for top players because all of the injuries at WR so setting my sites lower. Potential targets now include Michael Thomas, Keenan Allan, Dez Bryant, and Mike Evans at a long shot but I’m looking for others. I don’t have much else of current value to throw in (Buck Allan, Allan Hurns, Eric Decker, Tyrell Williams… you get the idea)

Micheal Thomas is probably the best I can do if lucky. Would you aim even lower for someone like Cooks, D Thomas, Landry, Baldwin etc. I am trying at targeting people who have already had a bye. I have not had to deal with much of that headache yet. But Weeks 8 and 9 are going to be a grind. Thoughts and suggestions would be helpful.