Trey Burton Market

Which teams do you see where Trey Burton could have a instant fit with fantasy relevance throughout the season? Previously his market value of 6 million per year would likely have to be reduced to 3-4 million instead with remaining cap spaces across TE needy teams.

My first team is Redskins if Reed isn’t resigned, Reed always been a key part of the offense with 329 receptions since 2013 and 24 TDS. Only downsize is a loaded good young core or WR’s with McLaurin, Smiths Jnr and Harmon plus one or two WRS to be picked up in this draft.

Secondly, Detroit Lions with Hockenson TE1, Burton could be an upgrade on Jesse James as TE2.

Thirdly, my new England Patriots with Lacosse and Izzo being no existent in the passing game. But with the likes of Moss, Hopkins, Pinkney , Bryant , Kmet and Parkinson plus limited cap room only a small chance this happens.

Fourthly, Baltimore Ravens to compete with Nick Boyle for TE2 behind Mark Andrews. The Mark Andrews/Trey Burton TE combo if Trey Burton stayed fit all year cold be lethal and bring a ton of Redzone TD’s, as well as opening up the field for Snead and Marquise Brown getting them more involved and more fantasy relevant producing some big games.

Finally, Cardinals would be loaded with Hopkins, Kirk, Fitzgerald, Butler, Drake and Burton all lined up. Cardinals presently having Max Williams as an TE1 so need an experienced and Productive TE on the roster (don’t be surprised to see Reed also on the radar who might be more willing to take a pay cut to prolong his career)

You might have some good ideas in regards to his landing spot, but I doubt he will have any fantasy relevance no matter where he shows up.

My premise for Burton’s this year fantasy value is similar to Brate as both have TD upside, but whilst Brate is a Low end TE1/High end TE2 I would have Burton at Low End TE2 at a push but most likely mid TE3 but needs a gun slinger to maximise his value (passing at least 25 times per game minimum) Stidham, Jackson or Murray wont be passing 25+ times plus in many games due to a well balanced offense at Cardinals and Pats or run heavy like ravens.

Move to Lions under Stafford would be a perfect fit under the above scenario especially with their average running game. Redskins under Haskins at QB the best option if he lands there, Allen at QB likes to risk deep throws more often which would reduce his long term as Sims Jnr, McLaurin and Harmon will have big games or little production making them risky options week in week out. The likes of Guice i see as having increased fantasy under Allen though.