Tyreek and Melvin Gordon for Davante Adams?

Hey footclan, I just got a trade offer in a 1/2PPR keeper league.

I give up Davante Adams and a 3rd round pick, in exchange for Tyreek Hill, Melvin Gordon and a 12th round pick. I’ve got an easy drop candidate on my team in chase edmonds so no worries about it being a 2 for 1, but I just can’t decide if this is worth it.

We start 2 WR/2RB/1Flex, here’s my roster for those positions:

• Davante Adams
  • Robert Woods
  • DJ Chark
  • Marquise Brown
  • Derrick Henry
  • Kenyan Drake
  • Chris Carson
  • Ronald Jones
  • Myles Gaskin

Tyreek and Davante feel almost interchangeable, both with injury risk and big upside…so is it worth it to add melvin gordon? He’d likely be rotating in the flex spot with chris carson/chark/hollywood which makes it feel like the 3rd round pick isn’t worth that change to my lineup, but the way injuries happen it could be a good depth piece. Thoughts?

anyone have an opinion?

I feel like your team has fine depth at RB with Henry, Drake, and Carson. Adams has the potential to finish as the WR1 on the year (I guess Tyreek has an outside shot too). I think it all depends on what you value. If you want RB depth, it is a great trade for you, but if you want to walk away with the best player I would keep Adams. Personally, I like to get the best player in a deal and tend to be on the “giving two” side of the two for one trades.

1 Like

I don’t like it. It’s an even trade for the most part, but giving up a 3rd Rd pick for next year could hurt A LOT

1 Like

Sound advice and the direction I was leaning too…thanks everyone!