‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Undrafted Sleeper Potential, 1needed, who you got?

Let us start this off, we thinkin’ names like Tavon Austin or Cordalle Patterson. Maybe this list can go deeper than EQ St. Brown and Chark in terms of WR. Any opinion here? We don’t have an rb this year for this pick. Hmmm, can throw out a name thanks to the forum, Ito Smith. Last year we nailed Alvin Kamara and Tarik Cohen. But can’t seem to find rbs super late this year. Only upside WRs super late???

I have Dixon and Wilkins on a few teams.

Look up Taylor Gabriel…hes always had a ton of potential and the Bears actually want to use him. They are practicing weird things with him and Cohen. As far as RBs I target Ballage. Even in camp he looks so much better than his peers despite not much college production (just like Kamara).

Chris Godwin is going really late…Chad Hensen undrafted…both worth a google

Paul Richardson and Kalen Ballage

Sounds like a broken record, must be someone else?

TJ Yeldon
Matt Brieda
Jordan Wilkins
John Brown
John Ross
Ryan Grant
Albert Wilson
Keke Coutee
Mike Williams
Ben Watson

Geronimo Allison and James Washington

J’Mon Moore
Chester Rodgers
Nyhiem Hines
Boston Scott

Albert Wilson and Rod Smith

I think the hype surrounding the rooks after the last few years has negated what little value those 3rd and 4th round guys had in years past. That being said, there ARE a few I like.

Kalen Ballage is one of my favorite late round guys; has dangerous size + speed combo and specializes in the passing game despite his size; should have value even if Drake doesn’t bust.

Also mentioned about is Jordan Wilkins - While I think Mack is getting undue scrutiny for his lack of production last year, I think it’s fair to assume that the Colts drafted Wilkins as a safety valve. If Mack struggles to improve on his efficiency, it’s Wilkins - not Hines - who inherits the first two downs.

Doug Martin is being drafted 182nd overall, and has a 32 year old Lynch plodding in front of him. Gruden has been very complimentary of Martin as well. (before you say “pre-season hype”, just realize that Gruden has been hyper critical of players this off season, suggesting that Martavis Bryant isn’t working hard enough, so he’s less likely to be accused of pure hyperbole).

And I think its fair to include Jeremy Hill on this list… it’s not too long ago that he was considered a first round fantasy commodity… with Sony Michel dinged up and showing signs that he’s not ready to carry the load, folks are forgetting about Hill as a potential early down back. It’s a long shot, but as long as he’s on the roster, he has a chance to steal carries.

Chris Ivory is another name to keep an eye on. While there’s no certainty in Buffalo that McCoy will miss time, if he does, Ivory is the immediate beneficiary. Of course, that Bills team will be awful, but Ivory had some moderately productive years in New York when the Jets were bad.

And it sounds like C.J. Prosise may see the field again this year. As a change of pace / third down back, it’s not inconceivable to see a healthy Prosise be a healthy source of fantasy points. With that defense in Seattle looking as bad as it has in years, it’s likely that Wilson will be throwing a lot again this year. Whoever is playing 3rd downs in Seattle will be worth owning (and we know it won’t be Penny considering how poorly he’s graded out in pass blocking).

Also a few non-RB fliers for your viewing pleasure (with lots less detail)

DeSean Jackson was still running past defenders last year, it was inefficient downfield passing that hurt his value. This should improve, and in round 17-19 you’re getting great value.

Tyrod Taylor will forever be a fantasy enigma, because he produces far beyond his draft price every single year; this year will be no different. For a guy with his skills and weapons, to be drafted around QB20 is crazy.

Anthony Miller should work out of the slot for the Bears this year, and as was mentioned by other fantasy stalwarts, his absence in the Hall of Fame Game was a good sign as the Bears didn’t start any of the their “starters”. With the confidence of his QB and coaching staff, Miller could be the rookie WR who produces the most in fantasy terms.

Sam Darnold is starting to get buzzy, and of all the rookie QBs, he’s in a situation to succeed in a fantasy sense right away. McCown was fantasy relevant for the first time in his career thanks to the need to throw it as often as he had to. With Darnold, you get a young player who’s also very cerebral - I consider him the best QB of the class, and think he’s a sneaky deeeeeep sleeper for dynasty and keeper leagues.

And for the deepest cut, late round rookie Braxton Berrios has been playing a lot of snaps in the slot for the New England Patriots. With Eric Decker being added to the group, that’s been the focus, but with the Patriots history of turning guys like Berrios into slot receiver gold, I’m keeping an eye on the slot situation in New England.

Weve heard Philip Dorsett’s Name as well in the slot. The Patriot we looking at is Cordarelle. We do like the Hurricane as he made some big plays for them last season. This slot situation is defs worth monitoring over the next few weeks.

New England always confounds the fantasy community. There are some very positive reports about Patterson suggesting he’s been routinely making some very difficult catches in camp. As always, I take the media bias with a grain of salt, but I’ll have a closer eye on him through the pre season. Virtually undrafted, he’s as low risk as it comes.

Courtland Sutton and Deon Cain are two other rook making some noise.

Quincy Enunwa, Deep sleeper - Terrell Pryor

There’s a chance Sutton can make some waves, but it’ll take an injury or massive regression from one of D. Thomas or Sanders to really make an impact. Keenum isn’t the type of QB to support 3 fantasy receivers, so he’s a deep league flier at best, but with a short leash.

Enunwa is dinged up again; I’m out on him. He can’t stay healthy and if Sam Darnold wins the job, then his lack of access to the practice field in the off season could mean a slow start.

Pryor is one of those guys I don’t begrudge a really late pick on. If he turns out to be a dud, no harm no foul, but if he turns into the Jets RZ threat and can manage 80-90 targets, then he becomes a great spot start / depth receiver.

I like the Pryor and cordarrelle calls.

What about Jeff Janis? Now that Coleman is gone and Gordon has question marks, he might finally emerge.

Kenny Britt? He’s done it before.

I’m going even more obscure in New England with Braxton Berrios, but I don’t hate Britt as a potential break out.

And I’m trying to be quiet about it because a guy needs secrets… but Antonio Callaway is the guy I’m buying stock in out in Cleveland.

Agree w/Britt. Love Calloway. Speaking of Browns, Tyrod Taylor can be a diamond in the ruff. If Flash can hit the field, Tyrod can be a gem. Nice call on the Gator, I liked him as well as DJ Chark to have some explosive impacts.