‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Upgrade WR depth by trading away only TE?

Another team manager has interest in trading Jarvis Landry for my only TE, Austin Seferian-Jenkins. Jarvis > ASJ, and I feel comfortable about dropping someone on my bench and streaming TEs.

Does that make sense?

This presents a bigger question: Do you believe that having no players of a specific position (TE/DST/K) for the chance to elicit better trade opportunities is worth it? Or, at what point are you playing with fire?

It completely makes sense. This is a steal for you. You want to get that upside, and stream the TE position. When you can do a straight trade for a much better player, I just do it and stream.

Though ASJ is valuable, I think it’s easier to upgrade at WR and stream TE than the other way around.

I feel like this is team specific but I like the trade. Its not for everyone but I like the strategy of streaming the TE position.

After a few moves since posting this, the offer still stands. WRs: Hopkins, Baldwin, and Shepard. TEs: Seferian-Jenkins and Clay. I’m playing with the idea of offering Philly D as well (I have Jacksonville and they’re an Eagles fan), picking up Greg Olsen to stash, and putting in the inactive Clay this week. I feel reeeeeeeally good about my matchup this week. Unfortunately for them, they’re streaming QB, TE, and FLEX.

Thanks for the advice! (The more I interact with these forums, the more I love this community)