‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Uzomah or Seals-Jones?

Just got the sleeper alert saying CJ Uzomah is expected to be the Bengals top TE going forward. I picked up Ricky Seals-Jones because Trey Burton is on bye (and I’ve got Jack Doyle in my IR slot), so I’ll probably be dropping either guy next week anyway, but who is the better play this week?

Seals-Jones or Uzomah?

I prefer Ricky Seals Jones becuase I think the TE to own in Cincinnati will be Kroft. I’m aware that this doesn’t match the opportunity so far… " Uzomah out-snapped Kroft 70% to 27% in last week’s win over Atlanta, while Uzomah’s route total on the season is 72 to Kroft’s 25." - Evan Silva @ Rotoworld

Here are last years results:

Based on this, I’m going to lean into Kroft.

Ugh, none of these options is appealing at all. Seals Jones has 3 catches the past 2 weeks, and he’s the safest option . . . what a miserable position TE has been this year.

I might still gamble on one of these Bengals guys though, because I’m already playing from behind due to my opponent’s big games from Tom Brady and Sony Michel. The ceiling for Uzomah or Kroft seems higher, due to better QB play.

What @licc85 said.

I grabbed Uzomah as a bye week play this week with Seals-Jones still available. Cincy had been using Eifert a lot and don’t see them going completely away from it. Plus Uzomah is on a more productive offense so I see his usage having a higher ceiling.