‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Waiver Claim Advice

Who would you rather pick up: Tarik Cohen or Ameer Abdullah? I’d be dropping Jamaal Williams and my other RBs are Shady, Hunt, DeMarco, Keley, and Powell. Thanks!

I’m surprised Abdullah is on waivers.

PPR: Cohen
Standard: Abdullah by a smudge

How about half point PPR? (I should have mentioned that before.)

I still go with the PPR advice from doubl. Cohen for me.

Ooo I’m a bit stumped.

I think I would Lean Abudullah because he is more of a lead back.

The Lions loooooove to play from behind, though. As long as Riddick is healthy, the pass-catching back in Detroit is likely the “one to own.”

Very true. With both Backs, you worry about touches because of Howard and Riddick.

Since I have a deep RB roster, maybe we should rephrase the question: Which one has the highest potential upside?

Highest upside is a bit of a toss-up for me… if Riddick were to go down (which he very well may), Abdullah would likely be THE 3-down back in Detroit since he’s an adequate pass-catcher and good between-the-tackles runner, making him rather valuable.

On the flip side - if Howard went down, there’s little change Cohen could support an every-down workhorse role, thus limiting his upside.

Assuming health all-around, though, I think Cohen has the better upside with the Bears likely to be in pass-first and checkdown mode early and often.