‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Week 1 Start/Sit Question

Hey guys, new member here. Really hoping that I can find a place here to discuss fantasy football and make some friends.

My league just drafted this weekend, and I’m pretty happy with my team, but am having some doubt about Week 1 sit/start decisions. Could you all weigh in with your opinions?

Basically, I need 2WR and a FLEX between:

Demaryius Thomas (vs LAC)
Tyreek Hill (vs NE)
Larry Fitzgerald (vs Det)
Kareem Hunt (vs NE)
Stefon Diggs (vs NO)

I would love to start DT, Hill, and Hunt, but the KC matchup against NE has me concerned. One thought is to start Fitzgerald over Hill, and Diggs over Hunt as FLEX, but it makes me sick to sit Hill and Hunt. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance all!

krazycarl

I would start dt hunt and diggs. I think hunt can overcome and unfavorable matchup. Diggs has a great matchup. And dt has the talent to beat good secondaries

Yeah I agree with this. But I wouldn’t be opposed to throw Fitz in there.

Thanks guys. I like the idea of sitting Hill against NE but starting Hunt based on how much volume he’ll be given. With that said, Stefon Diggs or Larry Fitzgerald for that WR2 position?

I think Fitz will get more volume, but Diggs has higher upside. Is that how you guys see it too? Thanks again.

This is a good one. I would start DT, diggs and hunt. Only thing that worries me is that NE is usually very tough on RB’s at home. But living in NE I’ve seen teams run all over them at times. I’d take the risk and start hunt.