What is your draft strategy in a 3 wr 10 team league?

I’m going to be in 2 10 team redraft leagues. One league I’m picking 2nd, the other I’m picking 6th. Both leagues are 6 points for passing tds.

Each league has 1 qb, 3 wrs, 2 rb, 1 te, and 2 flex in the starting lineups.

One league is full ppr, that’s the league I have the 2nd pick. The other league is set up for half ppr but it may change to full ppr.

I have the UDK. Should I use the tier based drafting strategy? Should I go wr early or still go with an elite rb with my first pick?

Thanks in advance!

As our hosts like to say “stay water” when drafting and let the draft come to you. Don’t lock yourself into a I must pick an RB in the 1st and 2nd, then 3 WRs, then another RB, then…

That being said, with #2 pick I’m definitely grabbing Zeke (Dallas Homer) unless he’s the 1.01, then I’ll grab Saquon and dread those 2 games against Da Boys. And take the rest of the draft as it comes trying to find value in the tiers by picking off the last couple guys in the highest tiers regardless of RB or WR (within limits of course, you still have to field a certain in each spot)

For the #6 pick, I’d definitely stay water. If the top 5 RBs are gone when it gets to me, then Hopkins is the 1.06, otherwise I’d probably grab one of the top 5 RBS, then proceed as outlined in the #2 example.

Check this article https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/fantasy-football-strategy-roster-construction-based-rankings-the-full-picture/ on the site and all its companion articles, they have great advice for you.

And since you already know your draft position and team makeup, go mock draft like crazy trying out different strategies and see which teams you like best. That’s the best way to find out what works best for you.