What to do with Aaron Jones in Dynasty?

Hey all,

I manage a dynasty team in pretty good position to contend for the championship if things go as planned, but I’m concerned about Aaron Jones’s long-term viability. With that in mind, I have made an effort over the last few days and weeks trying to trade him away. I view him as a depreciating asset and want to sell before it’s too late.

The problem is that nobody in my league is biting. Nobody seems willing to trade for him in any sort of package, so I feel like I’m just kinda… stuck with him.

For context, here’s my roster by position group:

• QBs: Deshaun Watson, Matt Ryan, Cam Newton
  • RBs: Aaron Jones, Austin Ekeler, Mark Ingram, Raheem Mostert, Kareem Hunt, Tevin Coleman, Chris Thompson, Giovani Bernard
  • WRs: Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Marvin Jones, Brandin Cooks, Allen Lazard, Anthony Miller, Randall Cobb, Jalen Reagor, Miles Boykin, Tee Higgins, Bryan Edwards, Devin Duvernay
  • TEs: Jared Cook, Jack Doyle, Blake Jarwin, Jonnu Smith

It’s a standard 10-team, 0.5 PPR league that starts 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 2 FLEXes, a defense, and a kicker.

So I don’t really know what to do with Aaron Jones. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I have Aaron Jones in my dynasty league as well. Maybe I’m biased but honestly man I still believe he is a great rb. He’s 25 only!! I still believe he is the guy there despite them drafting Dillon. They’ve also been talking about extending Jones as well. I don’t know ultimately my answer is IF your able to get something that’s worth it which to me should still be something good then do it for sure, but don’t just settle for anything. Trust me at least this year Jones has another great year and GB extends him your laughing as am I lol. However if he doesn’t get extended then next year there will be an issue

*If GB extends him

Sounds like you are doing the right thing. Engage in negotiations. If you don’t get a fair value than hold and start. Aaron Jones is not going to fall off a cliff. He is the second and possibly only playmaker on GB outside of Adams. He will get you points and help contend until you find a trade partner. Assuming health, productive games will lead to that outcome.