What WR3's or Flex players are you targeting from this list?

Don’t overlook this post… It may seem long but their are just 2 very short and simple questions. Your help is appreciated.

10team 1/2 pt PPR league

We are getting to the WR3 range or flex or backups… But I need your help to come up wit who to target.

1. From tier 7and8 of both RB AND WR List… Who are 2 names you would love to draft and 2 names who you would avoid.
    (if you mention ekeler and Henderson prob choose 2 others as gurley knee and Melvins hold out prob makes these guys easy picks)

2. From tiers 9 and below of BOTH RB AND WR… What are 3 players you are targeting for a break out year. And 1 player you are avoiding

RB:
7 David Montgomery CHI (6)
7 James White NE (10)
7 Lamar Miller HOU (10)
7 Mark Ingram BAL (8)
7 Miles Sanders PHI (10)

8 Peyton Barber TB (7)
8 Latavius Murray NO (9)
8 Rashaad Penny SEA (11)
8 Austin Ekeler LAC (12)
8 Royce Freeman DEN (10)
8 Darrell Henderson LAR (9)

9 LeSean McCoy BUF (6)
9 Kalen Ballage MIA (5)
9 Tevin Coleman SF (4)
9 Adrian Peterson WAS (10)

10 Matt Breida SF (4)
10 Derrius Guice WAS (10)
10 Dion Lewis TEN (11)
10 Nyheim Hines IND (6)
10 Jerick McKinnon SF (4)
10 Jordan Howard PHI (10)
10 Damien Harris NE (10)

WR:
7 Marvin Jones DET (5)
7 Dede Westbrook JAX (-)
7 Allen Robinson CHI (6)
7 Will Fuller HOU (10)
7 Geronimo Allison GB (11)
7 Sammy Watkins KC (12)

8 DeSean Jackson PHI (10)
8 Marquez Valdes-Scantling GB (11)
8 Sterling Shepard NYG (11)
8 Courtland Sutton DEN (10)
8 Anthony Miller CHI (6)
8 Larry Fitzgerald ARI (12)
8 Corey Davis TEN (11)
8 Kenny Stills MIA (5)
8 Golden Tate NYG (11)

9 Keke Coutee HOU (10)
9 Christian Kirk ARI (12)
9 Curtis Samuel CAR (7)
9 Albert Wilson MIA (5)
9 Donte Moncrief PIT (7)

10 Mohamed Sanu ATL (9)
10 Marqise Lee JAX (-)
10 Tyrell Williams OAK (6)
10 John Brown BUF (6)
10 Emmanuel Sanders DEN (10)
10 Michael Gallup DAL (8)

11 N’Keal Harry NE (10)
11 Josh Doctson WAS (10)
11 Daesean Hamilton DEN (10)
11 Devin Funchess IND (6)
11 Jamison Crowder NYJ (4)
11 D.K. Metcalf SEA (11)
11 Quincy Enunwa NYJ (4)

I’d avoid Henderson as I think his price is too high for my liking. But I’d take any of the rb listed at the right price with exception to McCoy probably.

Wr I have no interest in Corey Davis and barely any interest in Dede Westbrook.

I’d love to have Montgomery and Latavius Murray at RB. Id like to get Valdes Scantling and DeSean Jackson at WR.

9 and 10 I’d like both Breida and Coleman at RB as I think i want the main SF back. Curtis Samuel and Keke Coutee at WR.

1 Like

I agree with Henderson being drafted too high… Prob nominate him in my auction league to have owners spend on him… Or at least make the guy who drafted gurley spend more on him.

Okay… gonna be a long answer…

7 and 8 RB’s I love - Lamar Miller has the easiest path to three down work and is on a top scoring offense… Rashaad Penny is going to have a lot of work as Seattle is fixing to employ their backfield a ton. Plus, he profiles as a more dynamic play maker, and I expect him to take more reps in the passing game (just my gut feeling).

Avoiding: James White - a lot of people are citing the RB7 finish in PPR last year, but look at his game to game performances. He’s incredibly difficult to predict on a per game basis, and I’m not really interested in hoping he pops in a week I have to use him.

7&8 WR I love: I’ll be honest… this isn’t my favorite tier. I love the IDEA of Courtland Sutton being a breakout candidate, but betting on a Flacco target to be consistently good is scary… I do think Anthony Miller has a solid season this year, especially with the 1/2 pt PPR format.

Avoiding: Corey Davis - The guy has enjoyed an outrageous target share over the last 2 seasons and has done NOTHING to reward owners (myself included). Now they drafted A.J. Brown and added an excellent slot option to finally replace what they lost when Mathews left. I’m out on Davis as a breakout candidate this year.

9+ RB’s I think have a chance to break out… I’m tempted to go with Kalen Ballage because Drake seems to be unable to wrestle the touches away from anyone in Miami. Still, I expect Coleman to be a large part of the 49er offense… I like Guice too but I’m not sold on the Redskins offense as a whole, while Coleman should have a shot to be the “lead” back in that committee in SF.

9+ WR… there’s some excellent value here… Coutee and Kirk are obvious choices, but I don’t think Albert Wilson is getting enough love for being a potential steal. He was having a nice season last year despite playing with a bum at QB, and he profiles (imo) to fit the “Patriots” scheme the best of all the receivers on that roster.

1 Like

Thanks for the in depth analysis.

Yeah lamar was a target for a safe floor earlier but now with foreman gone I’m afraid they might bring some big name in and he disappears… I draft aug 10th so I hope any player movement happens before then.

I’ve heard pennys name from a few different plp this year… I just have a hard time drafting him as I did draft him last year and held him the whole year hoping he pops… He never really even played… What this year do you think will be different for penny?? Carson is still there and drafted above him.

Like the ballage call and coutee and Kirk are guys I had my eye on as well.

Thanks again for taking the time to put a detailed reply together

RB 7 and 8 I want : David Montgomery I love the upside and Lamar Miller hes really safe.
RB 7 and 8 I avoid : I dont want James White (I think his role will decrease) and Peyton Barber ( RB in a bad offense)

RB 9 and 10 Breakout : Damien Harris if he gets the opportunity, Matt Breida if he’s the starter and maybe Kalen Ballage
RB 9 and 10 I avoid : Im not drafting Lesean Mccoy the Buffalo backfield is messy.

WR 7 and 8 I want : Marvin Jones and Allen Robinson.
WR 7 and 8 I avoid : Corey Davis is not the WR we thought he would be, Courtland Sutton I dont like Joe Flacco.

WR 9, 10 and11 Breakout : Curtis Samuel I think has the best opportunity to breakout, Michael Gallup could take the second year leap and he could see more targets if Zeke doesnt play and maybe Marquise Lee.
WR 9, 10 ans 11 I avoid : Josh Doctson they could be the worst offense in football this season.

1 Like

Damien Harris name has been popping up a ton lately… It’s just so hard to draft a PATS RB because it’s such a guessing game with them but might have to take the chance