‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

When to take a QB in the draft

Hey,
Im in a ten person 2 QB league. I traded the 2nd overall pick for the 7th, 14th, 19th, and the 54th, while giving up the 2nd, 22nd, and the 42nd. When should I take a QB? My though was wait until the 6th round, but that might be too late. Thoughts?

I hate to say it, but it depends on your strategy. My goal is to land a backend qb1 and a midrange qb2. So when the qb runs happen that’s what I do. I try to be the last person to grab my 1st qb then I’ll grab my second a round or 2 later.

It also very much depends in your league, in 2 QB. In general, the strategy shouldn’t change all that much: Waiting on QBs is best. However, there is obviously much more scarcity, so you have to get a feel for how your league values QBs. They’ll go earlier, potentially much earlier. I agree with the above poster: shoot for a later QB1 (Cousins, Dalton, Rivers, Taylor range). I’d then assess how the board looks when it gets around to you. Look at how many teams have 2 QBs, how many have 1 and if any have none. Let that inform your decision on when t9 pull the trigger on QB2.