Which RB is the Real Deal? RB shortage.HELP

Ok league i am in a pickle. So i am in a keeper league and we Draft this weekend. its a 10 man 1/2 ppr league. and there are a shortage of RB1’s b/c of keepers and hold outs and what not. And i can’t get a good feel on which of these guys I’m really confident in.

So if my team already has cook and kerryon on it .

1. Who are two players (from the list below) that you would feel uber confident in rostering as your RB2 or RB1

2. Are there any players you are AVOIDING at all costs from the list below

Damien Williams KC (12)
Joe Mixon CIN (9)
Devonta Freeman ATL (9)
Josh Jacobs OAK (6)
Aaron Jones GB (11)
Leonard Fournette JAX (-)
Marlon Mack IND (6)
Chris Carson SEA (11)
Kenyan Drake MIA (5)
David Montgomery CHI (6)

This is an auction draft. If we dont hear about any news before this weekend on these guys how much are you paying for them or if you dont do auctions what round would you take them in?
Melvin Gordon LAC (12)
Ezekiel Elliott DAL (8)

How much or where are you drafting Todd Gurley with the knee issue as well?

Freeman and Mack to me are LOCK AND LOAD RBs to me! Mixon and Montgomery are my stay away from guys

1 Like

See, I actually look at that and think Mixon is the one I want the most. He is in a bad offense, yes, but I also don’t see any competition for carries. Freeman would be my #2. None of these guys are locks though, it’s why they are all at this tier.

1 Like

Carson and Aaron Jones. Carson is going go get the bulk of carries between him and Penny and I believe the same is true of AJ in the GB backfield. The knock on these guys is their injury history but if I remember correctly their injuries were from contact. Carson’s ankle snapped on a horrible tackle and with AJ it’s his MCL that has taken some hard hits. However with his hammy holding him out of practice I am slightly concerned. I think I’d also be comfortable taking D. Freeman. You will probably get him for a reasonable price and with your other two RBs you wouldn’t necessarily be looking for him to carry your roster right off the bat during the beginning of the season.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice… I was leaning Carson as well… And Jones is interesting to me

Mixon and Freeman are two id like to go after. Mack and Carson are the next tier to me . I’d personally stay away from Drake, too much uncertainty to be relied on as a 1 or 2

1 Like

@njordan97 @jakeb21

I Am just so worried about CIN as a overall team always being behind in games and having to throw the ball more than having he chance to run it… I like that mixon doesn’t have much competition but I kinda hate drafting a RB on a bad team… Do you worry about that at all or think he is safe.

Thanks again for your advice

Mixon is my clear favorite out of the group, then I would say freeman and Jacobs would be the other ones to target. Williams can be great, but I feel like the job security for the kc rb can change so quickly that he can easily bust, he is a huge boom or bust for me

1 Like

My two cents…I’m staying away from Fournette, for obvious reasons. I’m also staying away from Mixon. Not sure about the offense and the offensive line.
I would be confident in freeman and Jacobs. Freeman on a high powered offense and Jacobs should get the whole work load.

Carson is still gonna be splitting time with Penny…not sure how much time but it worries me.

those are my humble thoughts.

1 Like

The bengals are pretty much the same team as last year and we saw the number Mixon put up. I believe he is pretty safe. I think he may even be more involved in the passing game this year too. He went up 20 targets from his first to second year in 14 games. The have a coach from the McVay tree when Gurley exploded. So he should have just as good opportunity as last year when he was the 10 in PPR

1 Like

Mixon does have a very favorable strength of schedule, but the Bengal’s o-line is currently ranking #28 out of 32. Not only that, but they won’t have AJ Green for a few games at the start of the season (injury) so I can see defenses stacking the box. If AJ wasn’t injured, you might make a case to take him but just because of those points above, i’m shying away from him unless he goes for ridiculously cheap

1 Like

The tiers as I have them:

RB1 Possibilities but injury/usage risk:

Damien Williams KC (12)
Joe Mixon CIN (9)
Devonta Freeman ATL (9)
Leonard Fournette JAX (-)
Aaron Jones GB (11)
Chris Carson SEA (11)

RB2s with slight RB1 upside:
Marlon Mack IND (6)
David Montgomery CHI (6)

Not thanks with a side of “not this year”
Josh Jacobs OAK (6)
Kenyan Drake MIA (5)

Of course everything depends on where these guys fall and when you can draft them.

Hey Frosty! I think you are off to a great start having already Cook and Kerryon. Of these candidates i believe you should spend the least amount (so you have a greater budget for other positions), and shoot for upside. I would bid on David Montgomery and Josh Jacobs (or Devonta Freeman). I would stay away from Fournette.

For me it’s definitely Mixon and Carson. They will both get workhorse work and be used in the receiving game. I would stay away from Williams, Freeman and Drake.