‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Who do you take first (Dynasty Startup)

Who would you take with the first overall pick of a start up Dynasty league?

Gurley everytime

gurley or zeke. in dynasty you gotta think long term. so i put the 2 of them together as potential 1.01. gurley did it for one year with the new offense, but there is nothing locking him into that same production. zeke has had fantastic production 2 straight years. even when he did miss 6 games, he was still an RB1. and im all about having a young, stud RB to build around. a lot of people want OBJ or hopkins or some other young stud WR. which makes sense, they have a longer shelf life. but its so much easier to replace WRs than it is to replace RBs. lets take the 3rd round for example in dynasty (as per ADP of a 12 man dynasty)

WRs avaiable:

amari cooper
allen robinson
juju
TY hilton
corey davis
doug baldwin
brandin cooks
josh gordon

RBs avaiable:

jerrick mckinnon
lesean mccoy
derrius guice
derrick henry

not only are there more options to work with, there is a better quality of player and known role. its the same for just about every round after 3. so me, i much prefer the building piece that is a top end RB that is young. speaking of, both gurley and zeke are 23, which SHOULD give them about 7 years till the decline, and 5 years at an elite level. in dynasty, thats forever.