Who should I take?

In a 12 team standard league with 2 keepers. I kept no one but traded the first overall keeper pick for Nick Chubb. I also have the 3rd overall keeper pick based on the way things shook out. I know that the person taking first in my spot wants OBJ with the first pick. The top 4 players available are:

Julio Jones
Michael Thomas
Travis Kelce

The top running backs available are Fournette, Freeman, Mack and Kerryon and I don’t really want any of them over the three above.

So my question is, if you could pick one of the above three players, who would you take and why?

Also just to note, the lineup is 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, DST and Kicker.

While I don’t think you can go wrong here I’m very tempted to go Kelce here and lock up what I view is the safest number 1 at any position. Last year he had similar numbers to Jones and Thomas in yards and more TDs than both. Even if Mahomes takes a step back and throws 35-40 TDs I think Kelce still gets 8 at his floor, which so far for Thomas and JJ career is their ceiling basically.

This is how I’ve been leaning. I’m picking with the 7th pick in the 3rd round and I just get hung up on having whoever falls to me there as my WR 1 and passing on Montgomery who I really want to snag in the 3rd (RBs go very quickly in my league so I’ll have to take him here). Does 0 WR work as a strategy?

A lot of the mocks I have been doing I have been going RB RB WR RB and I end up liking my team a lot normally. Even if you wait to the 4th you still have guys like Woods, Cooks, Edelman going in the 4th round and I’m fine with those guys being my WR 1. The RBs fall off quick in that area with only a few after that being guys I personally like (Coleman and Sanders especially)

I think I’m going to go for it with Kelce. Standard league and TDs are king. Thanks for the help man

1 Like

So what are your thoughts on trading back 3 spots (the best guy there is typically Mike Evans or AB) and picking up an early 5th rounder?

I’m all in on Evans, but I’m all out of AB. I just don’t trust him right now with everything going on. He is either going to be a huge value for someone or be a disaster. If you can get Evans then I would absolutely do that and try to snag Sanders or someone like that in the 5th