Who to start? Too many risk/reward options

10-team, full PPR, 1QB

Somehow, I’m 1-2 with this team (CMC, AJB, and Shep injuries crushed me last week). I don’t want to start 1-3, especially considering I’m playing my younger brother this week.

We start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2Flex

My Roster:
Tom Brady
CMC (OUT)
Najee Harris
Javonte Williams
Chuba Hubbard
Cordarrelle Patterson
AJ Brown (probably out)
Chris Godwin
Brandon Aiyuk
DJ Chark
Robbie Anderson
Sterling Sheppard (probably out)
Henry Ruggs
Laviska Shenault
Michael Thomas (PUP)
TJ Hockenson

I know I’m starting Brady, Harris, Hubbard, Godwin, and Hockenson.

But I have no idea who I should be starting at the WR2 and flex spots. Right now I’m leaning toward:
Aiyuk - he looked better last week and was out there a lot, plus he’s playing against SEA at home.
Anderson - if CMC was healthy I wouldn’t be thinking about this, but Robby should see more targets and will have a good matchup in what could be a shootout @ DAL.
Chark - There’s a good chance he’s going to be facing Eli Apple in coverage and I like that matchup.

But I’m having a hard time because I feel like both Javonte and Patterson could have pretty safe floors this week and Patterson could have another 15+ point week if Ryan has to check down a ton against the WFT defense. Javonte is looking as advertised and it’s only a matter of time, but MG3 is still looking solid, so who knows…

So, the question is: how much upside do I want? Well you tell me. Here’s my brother’s lineup.:

QB Lamar Jackson
RB Saquon Barkley
RB Derrick Henry
WR Diontae Johnson
WR Justin Jefferson
TE Rob Gronk
Flex JuJu
Flex Julio Jones

What I do have in my favor is that he currently has 6 “Questionable” tags in this lineup and all he has on the bench worth throwing in as replacement players are Hines and Elijah Moore.

Thoughts?

Bump

Really want to figure this out since Chark plays tonight.

I would start Chark, Jacksonville will probably have to throw because Cincy can put some points up. I would base my other decision on how Chark plays.

1 Like

That’s what I’m leaning toward. The fact that he has boom potential and I will have the advantage of knowing more about where I stand after tonight have me agreeing with you. My opponent has all Sunday players so I have the opportunity to pivot throughout the weekend.