Who to start? Week One Playoffs

Full PPR and im trying to figure out who to start between Deebo Samuel and DJ Chark
and also between Mike Davis and Jonathan Taylor. I’m leaning Davis think he could be in for a big week but Taylor seems like the safer option, and I’m think Samuel looks like he is getting good targets and I cant really trust Chark with the current QB situation.

Any advice would help!

Rest of Team

RB1: David Montgomery
RB2: Between Taylor and Davis
WR1: McLaurin
WR2: Justin Jefferson
TE: Gesicki
Flex 1: AJ Brown
Flex 2: Between Samuel or Chark

The one thing Chark has going for him, is that the game script will require the Jags to be pass heavy and so his targets, one would assume, should be pretty high.

1 Like

Davis definitely gets higher volume than Taylor and would be my pick for the week.

1 Like

Sorry to go against the first comments, but I am on the opposite side of both.

Shanahan finds ways to get Deebo the ball. And once that ball is in his hands, there is always the chance he takes one to the house. Mullins isn’t a great QB, but can make a 1-3 yard throw where Deebo does the rest.

I don’t think the Titans ever pull away in the game, forcing Jags to air it out. I on the side that Henry and Robinson steal the spotlight for both offenses. Jags also have 3 other capable WRs. Chark is the number 1 - but Cole, Shenault and Johnson are all fine players that will eat into those targets.

So, I don’t think Chark is promised x amount of targets, whereas Deebo basically is thanks to Shanahan.

For your RBs, Taylor has looked good lately. Even in the passing game. Raiders are not a scary matchup. I would start in with confidence. Davis is not a bad play at all. But I could see that as a very ugly game with not a lot of yards or scoring. I believe Taylor has a better chance to find the endzone and like his matchup/situation better.

I agree with you on Deebo, but do you think that Davis will get more work now that moore is out or do you think its going to be another 10 - 13 point game. I agree with you on Taylor but he seems more boom or bust, that’s the only one I’m torn on rn

Start taylor and Davis using the flex 2 spot