‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Who won the blockbuster?

Huge dynasty trade just went down in my league. Gotta know who won the trade. Trade calculators practically came up dead even on multiple websites.

Team A received: Hopkins, Penny, Cohen, Jeffery

Team B received: Julio, Fournette, Landry, and basically a throwaway that became Vernon Davis for when Reed inevitably is injured.

Discuss!

Team A! It’s a tough one to even assess, though, with so many moving pieces. One injury could sway this in favor of either side pretty quickly.

Yeah we can’t decide! I guess I should specify it’s .5 ppr. Team B got the known commodities, and Julio and Landry get peppered with targets. Plus Landry makes up for the age in the Hopkins/Julio swap. Fournette, when healthy is a beast.

But Hopkins is a top 2 dynasty player and Cohen and Penny could be breakout stars this year. Jeffery naturally has injury history concerns along with his older age, but is tied to a young QB in a high powered offense as the red zone threat.

This year, Team B, assuming Landry is half as good as he was last year(Spoiler, its entirely possible he’s no where close). 2 or 3 years from now, could easily be Hopkins/Penny/Cohen.

Team B is certainly a win now kind of team. Team A is in a bit of a rebuild, bottom half kind of guys. So it definitely benefits them both for their personal goals for the year.

I think I do like team b myself, team a got good return too for depth. very even trade ! holy crap, im in that league, I was going to say that looked familiar lol. nice trade guys !

Well good, because I’m team B :joy:

In Dynasty this becomes pretty interesting.

Hopkins > Julio - Long term only, just cause Hop is a young guy on a young high powered offense.
Fournette > Penny - Like way better.
Jeffery > Landry - Jeffery has some injury history, but he will age better on a much better offense.
Cohen > Davis - Cohen is young and electric, and Davis has a lot of question marks.

That being said…team B. I would go team A if you sub Penny for Guice.

In retrospect, being the dynasty rookie that I am, I totally forgot about trying to acquire a draft pick as my “fourth.” Instead of just accepting the open roster spot and grabbing Davis of the wire, I should’ve tried to get like a 3rd or 4th round rookie pick for next season! Damnit!

Cohen or Jeffery would be a 1st.

Its a super close call honestly. No issue with either side. But agree the sure thing of Fournette at RB vs unknown of Penny is enough for me to say B is set up nicely for this year.

One thing I’ll say is I don’t love Julio but he’s also about as SAFE as it gets at WR, just don;t love him while I do love Hopkins. A lot of people will be bumping Landry down after moving team but he too could prove to be just a talented dude that translates anywhere.

Only time will tell who “won” but for now nice trade B!

Team B won this trade
Penny- not really sure what he will do with no blocking at all
Hopkins- we all know he top 3
Jeffery- not much wrong but Landry is slightly better and younger
Cohen-has the Tevin Coleman value if he has his own team he could probably do wonders but Howard is unfortunately dominating the position now.

Team B
Gets Julio barring foot injuries has the ability to play late into his career like Fitzgerald
Bellcow Fournette (hasn’t even had the opportunity to play a full season since 2015 healthy, not scared on his injures yet.)
landry already discussed
Shouldve gotten a late draft pick instead of davis but thsi works out