Why this was my most satisfying league title

I have been in 7 leagues and made it to the championship game in 6 of them, winning 3 and losing 3. But this year I won and consider it my most satisfying championship.

We play on Yahoo! and they gave me an F on my draft and picked me to finish last with only 1 win. I changed my team name to “the Rodney Dangerfields” for the first two weeks of the season because despite my track record of finishing first or second on Yahoo! every year, I was given no respect.

And earning their respect was no easy task. It seemed that every time I won, Yahoo!'s projection would consider that my last win. When I got to 5-2, their projection was that I would finish 5-9.

Now I admit that I didn’t have a great draft, but I made several trades looking towards the future. I assume that I am going to be in the playoffs so I build my teams to do well in the playoffs, looking at week 15 and 16 matchups and grabbing players who are underperforming now, but should have a good season finish.

I’ll probably never win a points title and that doesn’t bother me in the least. I know of a league that’s been around for over 10 years and the season points winner has NEVER won the championship. I think it’s rare to win both a points title and a league championship.

So the reason I consider this my most satisfying championship is because I basically did it my way and the nay-saying of Yahoo! just made each victory even sweeter and this championship even more rewarding.

2 Likes

LOL. Yeah…I know what you mean. Kinda like the “PROJECTIONS” set out every week at ESPN by all these “so-called” “EXPERTS”. As often as not, those projections work out about as well as trying to save water in a colander!!! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I won my Yahoo league and was given a B+ for my season rating…

2 Likes

I think my original draft was C-, but at the end of the year they re-evaluated to be an F, but my final season grade was B-.

1 Like

I had a B draft, a B for season performance even though I had the best record and 3rd in points scored (led through 9 weeks then had a rough patch). And then an A for final standings and somehow that is a B+.

I like how Yahoo does this but their formula is broken

1 Like

I value yahoo grades and projections like I value kickers in leagues. Not at all. I get an F every year I draft on that platform and I am in the championship game and a high seed every single year. Same thing happened this year and i ended up being 1st seed, highest points scored and took home the title. Ignore that stuff like the plague. Yahoo has arguably the worst fantasy info/grading/guide in the industry which is pathetic given how much money they make from it.

1 Like

This year was probably my favorite year just because of the team i had and how far back i came. I made 3 or 4 trades all which helped me win, one was getting CmC for landry and james conner, another one was getting ertz for lamar miller, the other was getting andrew luck for jack doyle and mike williams. After week 4 i was 1-3 (drafted edelman, ingram, jeffrey, bell, and fournette. we only have 6 bench spots with an IR slot). i kept bell (hoping he would come back) and that gamble didnt pay off. I ended up going 8-5 but that was best in my division 2nd best in league. couple people were talking smack from day 1 about their team and their draft (if it werent for injuries i probably lose). To win in the championship against the 1 seed 158 - 105 in a half ppr format was just great especially after my 1-4 start.

2 Likes

Same thing happened last year. The guy who won it all was picked to finish last right after our draft. Yahoo! is laughably bad, but you can still use it as motivation to prove them wrong.

1 Like