Worried about Jackson?

Picked up Garropolo because of Lamars quad injury. It’s playoffs so there’s no way I’m sitting Lamar when he says he is playing but anyone else nervous about how long he will be in the game

1 Like

I am nervous, and it’s obviously really unfortunate timing for the guy who has been fueling your fantasy fever-dreams all season. I agree with you and I would not sit him if he plays no matter what. My QB model has him projected to be the top-scoring QB this week by a margin of more than 10%. In a way it’s fortunate that he plays Thursday night so you don’t have to guess at his availability.

While I wouldn’t bench Jackson, I WOULD get the best backup plan available in today’s waivers, even if I had to drop my remaining FAAB or waiver priority and drop a second-tier player to do it. Hopefully one of the good Add or Streaming options this week is available in your league (Tannehill being the obvious #1 option - he is my projected QB2 behind Jackson).

My QB projection model is below to hopefully help you scout some options for today’s waivers. Hope that helps. Good luck!

-Dan
Please check out my Week 15 streaming post where I provide weekly and rest-of-season rankings, scoring projections and waiver recommendations for QBs, TEs and DSTs. Comments and feedback are welcome. Thanks!