Would you trade Deandre Hopkins for a RB like Aaron Jones?

Everyday I grow a little weary about my running back situation. I think I look ok, but then it seems iffy.

My current RB situation is : Mccaffrey, Miles Sanders, David Johnson, David Montgomery and Ronald Jones.

My WRs: Deandre Hopkins, DJ Chark, Michael Gallup, Tyler Boyd and Brandin Cooks.

I worry about the connection between Hopkins and Murray. I feel like Chark, Boyd and Gallup will out produce Hopkins. So maybe I can capitalize on Hopkins’ hype now before the season starts to get a more secure RB? Maybe I could package Hopkins with Ronald Jones and see what I get?

This could all just be the usual preseason anxiety about my roster :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Personally, I would not. I think your RB’s look great and I feel you have more questions at the WR position. Chark and Gallup did well last year but are they going to do it again this year. More mouths to feed 2 feet in Dallas and the entire Jacksonville situation is completely messed up right now. I do still like both of these players but I feel that there is more question marks around them at this time. I would not give up her clear #1 wide receiver for running back depth. I would like Sanders and David Johnson and David Montgomery this year. Kind of sucks by Ronald Jones though…

3 Likes

I dunno… I have heard reports that Amari Cooper may not be the “Clear WR1” in Dallas anymore. He’s not known to be very reliable. I feel like Gallup may run away with it this year. Same goes for Boyd. With Burrow comin in and talking him up and without AJ Green (healthy or not) I see him putting up big numbers. Boyd is gonna break out like crazy this year. Chark is a dart throw. Gruden talks about utilizing him much more and they are gonna be down ALOT. So Chark could get ALOT of targets. Miles Sanders is unproven… I’m worried the hype might be too high. David Johnson still needs to prove he can be the guy again. David Montgomery is…well…David Montgomery haha

1 Like

I think you are overthinking it and downplaying what an otherworldly talent Hopkins is. If you are truly worried about it, wait a few weeks into the season and see if the connection is growing, or is stagnant. Even after a down week or 2, Hopkins name alone will carry a lot of weight and will be able to net you a comparable talent at RB, but i think even if it takes a week or 2 to get in a rhythm Hopkins will stay in that WR1 conversation

2 Likes

Yeah… just preseason jitters. It always comes the week before the season starts hahaha. I’m in a league with my dad and he always gets in my head. He’s got a pretty stacked team as well and he seems to be one step ahead of me in waiver wire haha. So I’m just trying to get a little creative.

@DanHawksFan I 100% agree with this comment. Your RBs are damn good I’d definitely feel less certain in the WRs. Your WRs are good too I just see a much wider range of possibilities on each of these guys than I do on some of your RBs.

2 Likes

Good luck in your league this year! Hope you smack your dad around (on the fantasy football field of course)!

1 Like

Thanks alot! haha. You as well. Me and dad are big time rivals in fantasy. Also he’s a niners fan and I’m a Hawks fan lol. Last December I flew down to California for my little brother’s wedding which happened to be the same night as the Seahawks- Niners game (that we should have won :roll_eyes: ) and I wore a suit with my Russell Wilson jersey underneath a blue blazer. My dad was obviously not amused hahaha

1 Like

That’s amazing

1 Like

I personally like your team as is but it’s always about who you can actually get back in a trade. Moving a high end player on a whim is risky but if you got back a player like Michael Thomas or Julio then might be worth exploring

1 Like

I agree that you keep your team (pretty good team at that) in a holding pattern for a few weeks and see how things shake out. I would also worry more about how much of a hit losing Nuk would be over how much you would gain for your RBs, I think it’s not equal

1 Like