Would you Trade... Help

Trade offer for Tevin Coleman and Chase Edmunds for Julian Edelman. Thoughts? I would be receiving Edelman. With my current roster it really comes down to would you rather play Coleman or Edelman in your flex? Edelman’s target share is among the best, but I like having a RB2 in cse os injury to one of my others

1 Like

How do your other RBs and wrs look?

1 Like

I’ve got Carson and Chubb at RB with Julio, McLaurin, and Woods at Flex (who I will play this week because ATL).

1 Like

I’d probably sit mclaurin if you’re playing Edelman. Maybe try mclaurin or woods for Coleman. To keep the solid wr core. Maybe a bench player that could be a bye week filler to it

1 Like

Well the other guy needs RBs and that’s why he is after Coleman and Edmunds.

1 Like

Oh, I think I see what you’re saying now. So you like the trade, just giving advice on how to start them?

1 Like

If your only RB depth is Chubb/Carson I wouldn’t trade Coleman

1 Like

This is my worry, but i do have Penny handcuffed

1 Like

Yeah you want RB depth as the season goes on

1 Like

I agree with @SchlaggedReceiver . You do need depth at this point in the season. But I also believe the handcuff can provide that in this situation. Penny is no where near the runner Carson is. But if Carson goes down you still have the #1 on the Seahawks. They run. Kind of alot.

I love Coleman going forward as well. So like you said

What’s your motivation to accept this? They’re both productive. Both #1’s respectively, sort of. They both have injury concerns. Edelmans old and gets physical work. Coleman just has a history. It seems like you feel the production is an even trade off.

What’s your record? Have you checked their matchups?

Bias as a Niners fan, but I’d go Coleman. He’s getting more action each week, Shanny obviously loves him, and he’ll always get 15 touches/targets, meaning higher floor and higher ceiling.

Add to that, RBs are generally more difficult to come by and go down more often, I’d rather have another RB than a WR

2 Likes

This is my exact thinking. I’d rather have another potential RB1 than WR1

1 Like

My record is 2-4 (won my first game in a couple weeks this past week) and I think Coleman coming back is helping that. Coleman’s history is what worried me. Edelman does have on too, but I personally didn’t think Edelman’s ceiling was as high as Coleman’s. I think Coleman could have a big week this week and then his value would go up even more.

1 Like

Agreed. Ive been snagging Coleman when I could since ATL. He has a unique build and style that lends to production; when he’s healthy and not fumbling. Even as a Brieda owner, I was glad to see him return. He’s a fun watch when he gets rollin’.

Is it PPR? That could factor in. Heavily actually. It’s not like Coleman can’t catch but they have Brieda who has the slight edge there being the more dynamic of the two vs Coleman’s power style. And it’s sort of a time share.

Even on a mediocre day, Edelman usually gets the nice volume bonus aka PPR

1 Like

It is .5 Point PPR. Otherwise I probably wouldn’t even give the idea a thought haha

1 Like

Yeah ppr makes the difference here. In ppr, Coleman is scoring 15 points a week, and those haven’t even been huge games for him.

We also haven’t had to throw it much, been controlling the games on the ground and with Def. Once we start getting into more difficult matchups and need to throw it more/let plays develop, Coleman will have even more targets and dumpoffs.

Edelman will be consistent and have the occasional big game, and tbh they’ll proabably finish with similar/close stats. But I’d take the RB over the WR cuz fantasy.

2 Likes

.5 ppr I’d keep Coleman.

2 Likes

Half point, I’ll get behind that. No need to shake up too much for a fairly even production exchange.

Full point; not saying I’d even do that but id have to give it a little more consideration.

1 Like