‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

WWYD? Trying to stiff arm this incoming TILT

Ballers,

My team put up a pathetic 65 points last week in a 12 team .5 PPR and it’s starting to make me TILT. I know it’s only week 1, but I’m ready to be done with some of the guys on my roster.

What moves would you try to make given the following roster:

Position Player
QB Ben Roethlisberger, Pit
QB Matthew Stafford, Det
RB Alex Collins, Ba
RB Derrick Henry, Ten
RB Marshawn Lynch, Oak
RB Marlon Mack, Ind RB
RB Nyheim Hines, Ind
RB Samaje Perine, Wsh
WR Antonio Brown, Pit
WR Davante Adams, GB
WR Alshon Jeffery, Phi
WR Julian Edelman, NE
TE Evan Engram, NYG
D Chargers
K Jake Elliott, Phi

Here is some of my thought process and rationalization:

QBs - I figured I could bounce back between ben and stafford and try to take advantage of stack with AB, their play this week was horrendous. Maybe drop Stafford and keep my eye out every work for a potential streaming option?

RBs - They all performed terribly outside of Lynch who performed as well as I could have hoped for having him as a FLEX. I’m ready to try and get rid of these RBs, but I’m not going to get any value out of them so I think I’m stuck.

WRs - They performed great and when alshon and julian are back my WR core will be solid. Maybe I can try and bundle one of them with a RB to try and upgrade there?

TE - Evan just came back from concussion. I didn’t get a chance to see him play. Is he worth rostering or should I try to be streaming TEs?

D/K - Meh, Chargers got destroyed, obviously defense will be weekly streaming.

I wouldn’t panic on QB yet. I also started Stafford and, while frustrated, I look for him to bounce back. They can’t run, he was slinging passes downfield and still put up close to 300 despite all the turnovers and low Time of Possession.

I also own Engram, and he worries me a little, but his matchup was tough. The talent is there.

Your WRs look good and will get even better in a couple weeks.

Your RBs are probably your weakest unit in my eyes. But that said, it still may be a little too soon to panic. Henry and Collins (and even an outside chance of Mack) have the potential to be big point producers. And if not you could always package one of them with one of your WRs for an upgrade.

I wouldn’t sound the alarms quite yet.

Thanks for the insight! I knew some of my thoughts were knee jerk, but wanted to see what other people thought about my current line up!