Zag RB2 Start - Trey Sermon…crazy?

For my RB2 spot, I’ve been staring at a few unfavorable matchups this week in deciding between Mike Davis @ TB or Devin Singletary @ Miami.

For most of the week, I’ve had Singletary as the choice because I want no part of that Bucs defense, but I decided today to completely zag and I’ve placed Trey Sermon in the lineup instead.

Hear me out…

Whenever Sermon hits, it’s going to be difficult for anyone to predict with that annoying 49ers running game. They sat him last week seemingly to prove a point and give him a kick in the ass.

I have a hard time thinking Elijah Mitchell - tho he looked good last week - has a stranglehold on the workload. And even if he did…it’s the 49ers. There feels like a 75% chance that whoever you think is going to pop off will catch a knee in the first quarter.

So am I crazy?

I get I’m playing against the probabilities here, but I figure with the low ceilings I’m looking at with Davis or Singletary, this might not be a bad week to shoot my shot and predict the out-of-nowhere blow-up for a random San Fran RB (seems to happen four times a year).

Here’s the rest of the lineup for context (Superflex PPR):

QB: Dak Prescott
WR: Keenan Allen
WR: CeeDee Lamb
RB: Dalvin Cook
RB: _____________
Flex: DK Metcalf
Flex: Justin Jefferson
SFlex: Kirk Cousins
TE: Mark Andrews

Moderately crazy, yes. I’d play Davis and take the 9 points.

:man_shrugging: here’s to hoping I’m crazy like a fox

1 Like